Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downtown River North lunch this week?

edited December 2005 in Admin Chatter

Comments

• edited December 1969
    marc, em, andy? lunch this week... north of the loop where beer tastes better, the women are hotter, and where the deer and the antelope roam?
  • edited December 1969
    Sounds like a plan but I'm going to have to be careful what I eat since I'm on a diet.
  • edited December 1969
    I'll be over in that area on Wednesday afternoon FWIW.
  • edited December 1969
    Any day but Friday works for me.
  • edited December 1969
    I'm free all week. How about Wednesday then, so Justin can hopefully join?

I eat anything but zucchini and eggplant because they are the same as slugs. Choice is up to you then (ie vegetarian/diet friendly), except for 'Fred's Eggplant and Zucchini Diet Lunch Place' over there on Dearborn.
  • edited December 1969
    perfect

yeah im down with wed.
  • edited December 1969
    Choice is up to you then (ie vegetarian/diet friendly)

Mr. Beef anyone?

(it's Jay Leno's favorite restaurant)
  • edited December 1969
    I just got a sub there! Ham and Swiss, $4.75, and it's HUGE. They have a pretty cool depression-era trestle table out back where you can sit down. Damn cold in there today though.
  • edited December 1969
    I'm game for wherever (even Mr. Beef) so long as they've got a veggie option of some sort.
  • edited December 1969
    They're pretty thin on the veg stuff. Like a cheese sub and thats about it. Is there anywhere a bit cosier? Perhaps a meetup a bit earlier or later will snag space in a place that's busy at 12-12.30?
  • edited December 1969
    Bin36?
    CA PZA KTCHN?
    Grand Luxe <-- my vote
  • MarkleMarkle
    consults lunchtime gmap and realizes he didn't include anything West of Michigan Ave... /me swears ...
    edited December 1969
    /me consults lunchtime gmap and realizes he didn't include anything West of Michigan Ave...

/me swears quietly to self...
  • edited December 1969
    A little later please--nothing goes right in my world if I eat before 1 pm. Throws my whole day off.
  • edited December 1969
    Weirdo! I'll have gnawed my own arm off by 1:00.
  • edited December 1969
    WED 1PM GRAND LUXE?
  • edited December 1969
    Works for me!
  • edited December 1969
    sounds great!
  • edited December 1969
    I calendarized this because ::little known fact:: things put in the calendar from in here can only be seen by people with access to this part of the forum!
  • edited December 1969
    genius!
  • edited December 1969
    *Bloke promptly posts screencap to all other threads
  • edited December 2005
    Look WOmBLES!
  • edited December 1969
    "WOMBLES"
  • edited December 1969
    My meeting got cancelled, so I'm actually not going to be around this afternoon.
  • edited December 1969
    You should come down especial anyway.

Final show of hands so we know who we should wait downstairs for and who we should say, "Oh, they're not coming..."
  • edited December 1969
    damn justin!!!

I'll be there.
  • edited December 1969
    I'll be there. Too bad Justin. I want waffles! But I don't want waffles for lunch.
  • edited December 1969
    Sorry guys.

I will, however, guarauntee my presence at Thursday drinks!
  • edited December 1969
    I'm in. That place is upstairs, isn't it? Are we meeting down below in the foyer, 12.30? I'll have my phone on me.
  • edited December 1969
    ONE PM!
  • edited December 1969
    Yeah, 1:00... I'll probably be there slightly earlier since my stomach will have dragged me out of my chair and down the street by that time, screaming as it goes.

Don't be surprised to find me covered in blood, surrounded by a large and frightened group of people missing chunks of flesh from their exposed bits.

1:00pm... fucking savages.