Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thursday drinks?

edited March 2006 in Admin Chatter

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Respected statesmen of the Jolly Corks,

I cannott help but notice that our calendar is completely devoid of any Thursday events for the forseeable future.

Is Marc simly too ill to fufill his duties as grandmaster cork, or is this a matter of willful neglect?

We can no longer ignore the sober mumblings of discontent within our ranks. If measures are not taken to remedy this situation soon and fill the bellies of the corks masses with alcohol, I fear a popular uprising may be unavoidable.
  • edited December 1969
    If it was up to me, I'd put down Celtic Crossing every week. But ignore me; I'm a boring creature of habit.
    I can't suggest much to be honest, as I'm out of the loop this week and next.
  • edited December 1969
    LOL!

I'm picking Keri up from the airport this week so I'm not able to. And then the schedule runs out as of this week! Time for another suggestion thread and another vote thread.

Or we could just do what Andy suggested - Celtic all the way through until it is warm enough for Happy Village.

What's everyone think?

And I normally don't post Thursday threads until the Sunday or Monday before - helps to avoid confusion.
  • edited December 1969
    i hear ya.... yeah Celtic rocks on Thursdays....
  • edited December 1969
    ...ahem...
  • edited December 1969
    Sure... where?
    Celtic again?
  • edited December 1969
    Not sure if I'm going to be up for anything serious but I might be meeting Nick at Jake's for some after work beers, if anyone else is interested.

Should I post it out in the open? Might as well, right?
  • edited December 1969
    ah yes... i need to pack... im moving friday.....
  • edited December 1969
    Where to?
  • edited December 1969
    Also - what was with the sudden disappearance on Saturday night? We guessed that you're dating an Asian and you are deeply ashamed about it because you are secretly incredibly racist and hate Asians with a passion.
  • edited December 1969
    It was the marrow, wasn't it. You dashed home and de-marrowed, I bet.

I'm up for a bit of Jakes. Celtic always leaves me out $40 and I don't get paid till the weekend.
  • edited December 1969
    Would you guys believe I was actually asked to attend a 5:30 meeting at Celtic Crossings next Thursday... what are the chances?

The agency in charge of this project is around the corner on Lasalle/Chicago.
  • edited December 1969
    This Thursday or next Thursday?

We should have a massive JC pissup and throw things at you from another table.

Also - has Tim talked to you about the new project yet? We sent him an RFP today.
  • edited December 1969
    Next Thursday... maybe I should try to reschedule, or go incognito.

I think Tim is actually off for the next couple days because he's moving... so, I'm not sure how much he'll be checking his email. I mentioned that you'd probably be sending something this week though.
  • edited December 1969
    A previous secret pic of Justin 'incognito':

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • edited December 1969
  • edited December 1969
    With your Asian girlfriend?
  • edited December 1969
    yeah shes finally moving up here from Nashville
  • edited December 1969
    I KNEW IT. I FUCKING KNEW IT.
  • edited December 1969
    What are everyone's feelings for drinks this week?

Would be nice to go somewhere cool that has the option of outdoor seating should we need it. Right?
  • edited December 1969
    Oh yeah: EMILY'S CHOICE! Since it is her birthday this weekend!
  • edited December 1969
    If it's like today, then absolutely. Might get cold when the sun goes down though.
  • edited December 1969
    Forecast looks dry. Do we want to chance Happy Village yet?
  • edited December 1969
    Allow me to reiterate: EMILY'S CHOICE!
  • edited December 1969
    I don't know, I'm all skittish and unable to make decisions since my neighborhood has become fucking Belfast. I just hesitate on Happy Village because if it's too cold to sit outside the inside isn't that swell. Any suggestions? I've been stuck inside too long.
  • edited December 1969
    I think it'll be chilly there by 7; surrounded by houses like it is. Isn't there a place near yours that you can get back home easily (unlike Jake's), which isn't surrounded by exploding vehicles?
  • edited December 1969
    gold star.......
  • edited December 1969
    Happy Village!!!! No fuckin' way i'm gonna sit inside with this:

Thursday Forecast: Very warm with clouds and sun. Winds from the SSW at 11 mph. High: 76° F, RealFeel: 75° F.

And, Andy, nighttime low is 58° F, so even if you sit there til 2am your cold english arse is gonna be toastin' !!!
  • edited December 1969
    Alright - it hath been spake. Hope it is nice... I hate sitting inside there, suffering under the insolent glares of the ugly barstaff.