Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thread For = stuff you want to get rid of (free or cheap)

edited July 2006 in Random

Comments

• edited July 2006
    So maybe it will come up again, so thought i would start a generic i go xyz to get rid of anyone want it for $x.xx (or free). Thinking it should be stuff that others might actually find usefull, not just crap.

so this stuff is on the edge of "other people might actually find useful" but want to get rid of them with out just putting them in the trash, though they are migrating to the alley soon.

portable cd/mp3/wma player (better if it just sits in one place)
    http://cmatts.com/2006Pics/craigslist_july06/CL_cdp

if anyone objects to ill delete it respectfully.
    also there is an email on that page, just use the one here and disreguard prices on there.
  • edited December 1969
    I can't take any of your things but Keri and I are cleaning out a closet this weekend so will have plenty of shit to add!

Garage sale!
  • edited December 1969
    Jolly Corks Garage Sale!!!
  • edited December 1969
    i'd join in a jolly corks garage sale, our closets are overflowing!
  • edited December 1969
    Christian, interested in the mac if you still have it.
    Always wanted to familiarize myself with a "new" mac compared to the cute little box of tricks they had when I were a young lad.....

• edited December 1969
    so, might have mentioined that had a few people intrested, no one came through. i reposted it and have a few new people so going to see if anyone actually buys it.

if you want to see how using a mac is, try a newer machine with os x. this is about 8yrs old.

if no one takes it, its yours.
  • edited December 1969
    Ah damn... I got really excited for a second when I thought coolerdave wanted to get rid of a mac classic.

:(
  • edited December 1969
    I have a Mac plus, Mac SE, external hard drive, pin printer and software... just come and pick it up
  • edited December 1969
    Nope, that things probably worth a bunch now..............
  • edited December 1969
    I was going to say I thought you had one of those, Sal. I predict Justin will be all over that in a flash. Are you sure it's not worth anything though?
  • edited December 1969
    The Mac plus stuff is in its original box and the Mac SE is in good shape but it is just sitting in my basement. I would like to see it go to a good home since it has served me well in the old days.

Time was when PC's were used at work and the Mac was my computer of choice.
  • edited December 1969
    Really? Cor, those days are long gone. I can't think of anyone who'd want to use a Macintosh for actual work nowadays.

*hides under desk
  • edited July 2006
    edit- karens reply is better.
  • edited December 1969
    And you should stay under that desk until you've learned your lesson, Andrew.
  • edited December 1969
    Sal, I'll take it! Awesome!

Possibly I can come to pick it up this weekend.
  • edited December 1969
    We're still trying to get rid of our stereo - we got a new one for our iPod and we've got no room for our old friend. It's an Aiwa stereo with 3 CD changer, karaoke function, 2 stereo surround speakers, double cassette player, remote and AM/FM radio. Free to a good home!

I lost the pic but it essentially looks like this (+ the 2 extra surround speakers):

Ps - doesn't include ghastly pink stickers or red velvet
  • edited December 1969
    Hey I'll take it if it comes with the red velve.....oh wait never mind.
  • edited December 1969
    I've got a perfactly good DVD player (Toshiba) that's going by the dumpster unless anyone wants it.
  • edited December 1969
    The pictures of the stereo that Keri couldn't find:

• edited December 1969
    i would be interested in the stereo except i have had a bad track record with awia products (portable cd and cassette players) randomly stop working about 6 months after purchase. seems like your stereo is different, and my issue were years ago, but going to stick with my superstition
  • edited December 1969
    Dude... it is free.
  • edited December 1969
    oh right. um maybe ill do that then... *gears in head start turning*

i have a friend that might be able to use the dvd player.
  • edited December 1969
    yeah i have a friend that could use the dvd player.
  • edited December 1969
    It's theirs then. Shall I stick it in a bag and bring it to Aarons tomorrow?
  • edited December 1969
    Justin,

Sunday would be best, it will give me time to gather all the software - modem - cables - external hard drive.
  • edited July 2006
    dont think ill be making to the bbq.

as i mentioned in the racing thread, im not really into social events that center around food, and i would like to end everyones counter arguments now. and yeah im sure im using the wrong counter or something is spelled wrong.

also was reminded it is supose to be close to 100 out. (not that the weather has anything to do with the bbq)
  • edited December 1969
    No problem. Let me know how/when you want the thing.
  • edited December 1969
    it's centered around booze.. masqueraded by summer grilling
  • edited July 2006
    • Stereo (Christian?)
    • A pair of old x-country skis and poles and a nice early 90s Salomon ski bag
    • A Sega Dreamcast and some awesome games (Andy)
    • A Lite Brite and lots of pegs (Kevin)
    • A glass lamp - kind of like a Tiffany one...
    • An iron
    ^^ ALL FREE ^^

There was an old LCD monitor (color was off), a longboard (skateboard) deck and about eight pillows but I threw all of that out. Along with a metric ton of random shit.
  • edited December 1969
    Hey, I'll take the Dreamcast - might be worth a play.