Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A polite way of exposing this place to ChiFG?

edited August 2006 in Admin Chatter
So, I like Naz but it is obvious that there's some level of overlap between our forums. The only differences are:
- Ours is better
- Ours is private
- Ours has a working calendar (yay Nick!)
- Ours is about to have a fresh logo (yay Justin!)

So, I want to invite some of the people from here to open accounts over here. But I don't want to piss Naz off by starting a thread there that says, "Hey, come join our forum that is quite similar to this forum!"

I thought about getting in touch w/ Naz and just saying, "Hey, let's meld our forums." but I don't think he'd go for it. He likes control.

And if I invited too many of the bikey people here, would it change the nature of this place too much?

I don't know. I guess I want to build up a bigger memberbase before I have the kid so that I don't have to worry about the place so much.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited August 2006
    I'd say just post a simple thread advertising & explaining Corks in the other forum.

If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, fuck 'em... their loss.
  • FUCK THEM UP THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Seriously though, I know not what you speak of so can offer no substantial input.
  • It is just a bikey forum... but they're pretty active and have a fair few members.

I guess Justin's most right. I just don't want to step on any toes.
  • OMG! I did it... hope I don't get shouted at.

http://chifg.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=266&page=1#Item_2
  • edited August 2006
    Posted By: Markle SparkleOMG! I did it... hope I don't get shouted at.
    *crickets*
  • hey marc, why isn't quoting working? see above. also, does this forum have markdown support? It is 2006, after all.
  • Yes, I'm frankly astonished you don't have markdown support in this day and age.
  • ok, i had this one coming...
  • Marc Needham... salesman of the year!
  • Feel free to suggest alternative ideas.
  • nevertheless, i consider this post a major success: The JKs now have real quoting. Yeah! Finally i can target my insults more specifically. So happy.
  • edited August 2006
    Posted By: BlokeYes, I'm frankly astonished you don't have markdown support in this day and age.
    aw, get your Wellies on, thou fobbing tardy-gaited measle!

see, it's THAT awesome.
  • edited August 2006
    Posted By: HauteKrauty
    Posted By: BlokeYes, I'm frankly astonished you don't have markdown support in this day and age.
    aw, get your Wellies on, thou fobbing tardy-gaited measle!

see, it's THAT awesome.
    Great insults! However, let's not lose sight of the fact that we STILL don't have markdown support.