Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online, Ceauşescu?

edited August 2006 in Admin Chatter
I really fuckin' hate this 'Who's Online' part of the new forum. I dunno, prolly some post-trauma thing that takes me back to that old Stasi dude peeking through our living-room window.... Anyways, can we give Admins the option to hide ourselves. Please, it's so nasty.

Also, CSS in admin section got some serious problems in Safari. Screenshots sometimes when i feel less lazy.

Comments

• I've seen the admin section in Safari... but don't drive a car with a flat tire and complain about the roads, y'know?

As for the who's online thing - how does everyone feel about it? I can pull it out if group concensus demands it.
    Seb - for the time being, just mark your preferences in your account setting and become one of the 'phantom users'.
    I think Christian is the only other person that does that right now :)
  • I like people thinking I have no life and never leave the site.
  • edited August 2006
    Posted By: Markle SparkleI've seen the admin section in Safari... but don't drive a car with a flat tire and complain about the roads, y'know?
    Hahaha, good one! Safari's CSS implementation happens to be 100% up to spec. Looks to me somebody does not quite know how Positioning/Floating affects the document flow; but instead relies on the forgiving nature of Quirksmode (if you actaully had a valid doctype, even IE would throw a fit )

UPDATE: looking at the source is actually quite scary. Who the hell wrote this Vanilla thing?? And why in the world is the calender outside the root doc (hence your doctype delclaration being thrown out pushing the whole site into Quirksmode). In strict this wouldn't render at all.
  • I completely agree
  • Can we change phantom user to Phantom Pirate? But not like in a Pirates of the Carribean kind of way.
  • Posted By: Markle SparkleAs for the who's online thing - how does everyone feel about it? I can pull it out if group concensus demands it.
    I'm not as passionate against it as Seb is, but I guess I don't see any real reason for it to be there... so, I wouldn't really miss it.
  • I was all set to remove it until Sebastian taunted me into throwing a bottle at him and got me 86'ed from the bar. CUNT!

Who's online? Sebastian's online!
  • But...but...you really actually threw the bottle. Mind you, citrus fruit slices can be powerful dangerous if you know what you're doing.
  • Let's not forget that Sebastian threw at least 2 grapes before the shit went down.
  • edited August 2006
    Posted By: Markle Sparkle... Sebastian taunted me into throwing a bottle at him and got me 86'ed from the bar...
    Chain of events as i recall it (just the facts, no embellishments):

1. Marc knocks over a bottle, beer dripping all over my lap.
    2. "Thanks, Marc, now i'm all fuckin wet!"
    3. Marc sits in his chair laughing his ass off, showing no remorse.
    4. I throw a tiny little grape and miss.
    5. Marc taunts me further, now for my inability to hit a target.
    6. Naturally i throw a second grape but miss again.
    7. More taunting (also, the beer on my lap has just began to soak my underpants)
    8. Emily hands me new ammunition -- a perfectly shaped lime slice. She grins somewhat sheepishly as she knows too well i won't be able to resist.
    9. "If you throw this, Krauty, somethin's gonna come flying back"
    10. I'm sure he's talking about a bottle cap or some other such object deemed appropriate response, but see him picking up a GLASS BOTTLE instead.
    11. "I'm gonna throw this bottle at you!"
    12. "yeah, right" ('oh, he is so not gonna throw a bottle')
    13. i throw the lemon slice. It swipes Marc's neck ever so slightly.
    14. INCOMING!!!!

the rest is history. you all be the judge.
  • You make me sound like some kind of monster!
    I didn't realize I had spilled your beer - I thought you were joking around. The laughter you heard wasn't mockery - it was confused drunken happiness.
    The grapes (which you were squishing in your hands before you threw them) were uncalled for. I said, "I only have bottles to throw back. Please stop throwing things at me Sebastian." Another grape. "Sebastian, please, I'm asking you as a friend, please stop throwing things at me."

I don't know what I was thinking when I chucked the bottle... I'm quite ashamed about the whole thing.
  • I still think it's funny.
  • Part of me does too. A bigger part is wrestling with shame.
  • On the chalkboard 50 times:
    "I will not throw beer bottles at Sebastian when the bouncer is around."
  • I think you should have just explained that you're English and you're finally pulling your own weight against the Germans. Then you could've explained to Rod that if it weren't for the Americans you would all be speaking German right now. He's a rockabilly, he probalby would have gone for that.
  • i dig the who's online... and yeah.. changing "phanton uyser" to "phantom pirate" or "ghost" would be stellar.

mmmm stella....
  • I like "douchebag" thanks to current events.
  • "Phantom user" has now been changed to "Ghostly Pirate" and "guest" has been replaced by "stranger"
  • 1 ghostly pirate
    LOL!
  • 'ghostly pirate' still cracks me up. Christian needs to spend more time here.