Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's got some crutches to loan out?

edited September 2006 in Random
Fortunately they are not for me.

A friend of mine is a bit ... reckless. He has a habit of skateboarding on a half-pipe sort of arrangement in the loft next to his office, and took a spill last night, spraining his ankle.

Not that he has health insurance (yes, foolish but not uncommon)

He had a pair of crutches around the office here but someone's walked off with them. (hobbled?)

Since crutches are the sort of thing that sometimes accumulate (at one point I think there were three pairs in my household, gathering dust) I wondered if someone on JC would have a spare pair that they would not mind loaning out or giving away.

Comments

• I think Todd might...I'll ask him.
  • Steal some off a handicapped person! They'll never catch you.
  • Or a homeless person. They're always hobbling around at Lake & Michigan.
  • haha
    I actually do have a wheelchair but it may or may not be broken... a friend of mine found it by a dumpster a long long time ago, and didn't want to keep it because he though it'd bring him bad luck
  • a pair of crutches apparently costs $80!
  • Are they something you can rent? Seems logical that you could. Your friend should check at that little shop that is on Chicago between Damen & Ashland.
  • any thrift store [try village or salvation army] always has a ton of crutches, usually about 3 bucks a pair. back during my years of art school, I'd buy a bunch of them and make crutch sculptures in my apartment.

those were some crazy years alright.
  • We have a crutch sculpture here at work. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I took it down.
  • Sean posted!
  • Hell has frozen over.