Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have HBO? (SPOILERS)

edited June 2007 in Events & Planning
And if you have HBO, do you watch the Sopranos?

And if you have HBO, and you watch the Sopranos, can I come over to watch the final episode with you on Sunday?

Comments

• And if you have HBO, and you watch the Sopranos, and I can come over to watch the final episode with you on Sunday, can Andy come as well?
  • Yes, I would very much like to come over and watch please.
  • ask Sebbie?
  • I have all the required elements in addition to TiVo so we could watch once we are ready.
  • Don't know when we're getting in from out of town Sunday, but I'm up for watching at yours, Sal.
  • i have a bit torrent application.

and i hear i can download linux distros and other legal files with it.
  • I think both Andy & I usually DL from torrents... but this is the very last episode ever, so it's a special occasion.
  • I may be able to arrange a get together at my humble abode on the North side for the finale. We could also drink lots of beer.

If not, when are we drinking beer this week?

Beer.
  • I can tell you that I will be drinking beer on Thursday; not sure where though.
  • edited June 2007
    I have a nice 36" tv, tivo, hbo and I watch the sopranos. I also like to drink.
  • i like to drink too. but i've never seen the sopranos.
  • Noone say a word abou thow it ends or Anything thats happened the last season.... I have a lot vested in that show.. been watching since the beginning. one of my all time favorites..

Bess. Laura and I just started from the beginning using our blockbuster total access.. we're on disc 3 of season 1 now... so great to see them all again. man what a great show. cant wait to catch up to where i last left off....
  • If anyone's interested, I've got the whole lot burned on DVD now. All of them, bundled in ziplocs. We also watched it start to finish earlier this year - so awesome. Not the highest quality DVD's mind you, but anyone is free to borrow them.
  • I don't like the way Tony Sopranos [James Galdolfini, right?] voice sounds. It makes me feel like balls of sugar have been places in my nasal/throat/eye passages.

That's the best I can explain it.
  • Yes! Watched it for the first time last weekend, and that shaped voice shouldn't be coming out of a man shaped like that!
  • I can't believe Tony turned out to be bisexual after all this time.............
  • Sorry Aaron just read your post, glad I didn't mention the bestiality and all that shizzle
  • I was going to mention Paulie and the legendary 'fudge' episode, but I won't now I know Aaron is still catching up.
  • edited June 2007
    wtf
  • so the finale last night...discuss...
  • edited June 2007
    WARNING: SPOILERS FOLLOW!!

I'm actually starting to come around after my initial dissapointment, but only after reading a bunch of opinions online last night.

I think I'm putting my faith in the idea about that conversation at the cabin from a couple episodes ago when Bobby asked T what it was like when you get clipped & Tony says something to the effect of "Nothing... it just goes black."

...maybe. Unless they're just setting it up for something else that'll be on the DVD release, which would be a letdown. They did say that Chase filmed three different endings.

Also, I think this will go down as a piece of television history however you see it. I'm predicting it gets parodied by SNL & a million youtube videos this week & it'll make it's way onto the Simpsons, Family Guy, and everything else next season.
  • Fuck I nearly read Justin's post. I'm staring down at the keyboard, then I'll peek up just enough to see where the button is. I'm watching it tonight, so will let you know tomorrow!
  • edited June 2007
    Jesus... look at this jamook over here. I did add "spoilers" to the thread title.

Anyway, I edited my post to make it a wee bit more clear to anyone else who hasn't seen it yet.
  • i was extremely disappointed last night and then i had the same reaction as you, justin. i actually missed part of the cabin episode, but that's a nice call...although i must admit i was screaming profanities at the t.v. last night.
  • edited June 2007
    That ending was fantastic, I thought. So much tension my heart was racing. If I knew anything about filming & editing I'm sure I would have something to say about how good it was. Did Tony die? Well, he either did, or he didn't - I'm certain of that.

Heh Heh. Anyway, here's a really interesting chunk of text from another board:
    ---
    Remember when he was speaking with Bobby...basically saying that you don't see it happening?
    So here is what I found out. The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!! David Chase
    is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.
    So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the brothas at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).
    Absolutely incredible!!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and thenit just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop". Not the fans!!! Tony would like it to keep going but just as we have to say goodbye, so does he.
    ---
  • I've never actually watched an episode of the Sopranos but it sounds like the finale was the Schrodinger's cat of series finales! Excellent!
  • Hold everything! Apparently that stuff I posted above was utter bollocks. Once again I fall victim to Internet rumour wot sounds true but no-one including me bothers to check and turns out to be rubbish pants.
    Still a great ending though. I'm just not sure whether Tony dies or WE the viewers die though.
  • i think the viewers are left to formulate their own ending for Tony.
  • seriously? sign a petition to see if tony soprano dies...

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/06/david_chase_tel.html
  • edited June 2007