Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Penguins!

edited October 2008 in Random
This is super cuteness. Thank goodness they were flown back!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/10/08/rescued.penguins/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Also, though-while these lucky penguins survived, many didn't. :( Warmer currents have been confusing more and more penguins who stray too far.

Comments

• and who survived a devastating stanley cup finals loss to come back and win their first 2008-2009 regular season game against the ottawa senators in stockholm, sweden last weekend?

the PITTSBURGH penguins!

i know no one cares, but that was my first thought when i saw this title. yay, me. for real, though, i'm glad the little fellas found a way!!!
  • Three cheers for penguins, feathered or suited up!
  • so...the PITTSBURGH penguins played the OTTAWA senators in....Stokholm, sweden? Why?
  • kelly - you have us trained -
    when i saw the post i just assumed it was about hockey not birds. ha.
  • the nhl has recently taken to having a european site as a season opener. last year it was l.a. vs. anaheim in london. this year was a whopping double-dose of europe: penguins and senators in stockholm and ny rangers/tampa bay in prague. generating excitement and all that. at least people there like hockey, i say!

and laura? well done. you learn well and make me proud!
  • funny you should say that, laura...when i saw b posted it, i assumed it was about animals, but KNEW kelly would tie it back to her beloved hockey :)
  • tracy. the shoelace is back.