Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey, I scored a couple of tickets for Grant Park tomorrow

edited November 2008 in Random
Seems kind of wrong, since I've done precisely zero to help Mr Obama in his campaign. Hell, I don't even have the vote here! I would offer them up to anyone more worthy, but it doesn't look like they're transferable. So I'm thinking of going! Anyone else planning on checking it out? Don't know if Gina and I'll want to go by ourselves to be honest.

Comments

• AARON AND I GOT A TICKET!
    well ok aaron did - don't know how or why - i'm trying to get someone to cover my class tomorrow night so we can get down there early. yes!
  • SWEET! Drinks beforehand perhaps? No booze for sale down there apparently.
  • Andy I've got a golden ticket too, I'll be in attendance also. I couldn't sell my ticket on Craigslist like all those other pricks.
    No I mean I was unable to flog it for vast quantities of cash ha ha. I'll be there with bells on. Lets meet up 4 sure.
  • Brilliant! So, what do you all reckon we should do here? Me, I'm thinking we meet up at a bar downtown within walking distance, have a few snifters (no beer - portapotty nightmares) and wait till about 10 before trying to get in. Seems little sense in trying earlier. Make sense?
    For the record, my mobile is 773 551 9865, Gina's is 773 814 8827.
  • edited November 2008
    Posted By: BlokeBrilliant! Me, I'm thinking we meet up at a bar downtown within walking distance, have a few snifters (no beer - portapotty nightmares) and wait till about 10 before trying to get in. Seems little sense in trying earlier. Make sense?
    For the record, my mobile is 773 551 9865, Gina's is 773 814 8827.
    Andy, you related to Withnail?
  • Did I sound a tad over-excited? I just downloaded that film the other day; such a classic. Oomska! "Here hare here"

Well, any flaws in the plan above? What d'you think/suggest? In my haste I forgot you'd likely have the wee one in tow.
  • No just me, wife staying at home with wee one and soon to be wee, wee one

I'll have the bro in law in tow, he is my guest ticket
  • we got tickets, too. Andy..expect a call.
  • How about metting at the Billy Goat Tavern (underneath 430 N.Michigan)? Cool bar, cheap beer and food, totally Chicago, kind of hidden, short walk to the action. Works for me. If no-one else suggests anything better, that's where we'll be at say 7.30ish.
  • sounds great - we are going to park our car at the pool hall on milwaukee and walk over i think - will update if plans change! YES!
  • Bear in mind the food thing at the BG if time is tight. They'll whip up an eggburger there for $3-ish that'll set you up for the night no prob.
  • i'm eatin chipotle for lunch - i may not be hungry til thursday ha
  • Hey, is there anyone out there who possibly might have a spare space on their ticket? My pal Noel (who I think most of you have met) failed to score a ticket and would do ANYTHING to come along tonight. Please let me know!
  • I expect lots of photos from you guys! (wait, are cameras allowed)?
  • iphones i'm sure are - we'll do the best we can!
    i'll be wearing my vintage red white and blue striped coat which today seems very patriotic - so maybe you will see us

and yes i understand that that was very mom of me to say - see me on TV! - or on them there internets but you never know

i have the fever
  • edited November 2008
    435 N Michigan's a little too far for me. We're going to Plymouth in the S Loop. Also, the gate opens at 8:30, and you'll prob want to get there a bit early.
  • i'm jealous :( since i'm in the loop, i'll probably walk by just to check it out, even though i couldn't get tickets...
  • when are you going to be at the plymouth? aaron is concerned and wants to be getting downtown sooner rather than later
  • Well be there from about 5:30-7:30ish? Maybe leave a bit earlier? Basically we're just going when work ends and kinda playing it by ear.
  • we're heading out prbs down near plymouth
    cell 617 413 3778
    see you all soon!