Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blue bins, sans blue bags?

edited November 2008 in Random
do you all have the blue bins? we've had them for awhile now - but wondering how to bundle up the recycling to get it to the blue bin.

we have been using these green bags i found at whole foods - they are some sort pf plastic that breaks down under very little stress and compost themselves or some such thing. fairly inexpensive but still wondering if there's a cheaper way to recycle.

and the blue bags were never that cheap.....though maybe they will still be handing them out with the xmas tree recycling...

hmm any thoughts ?

Comments

• are you referring to the blue "trash can" bins? if so, we keep recycling in a separate can in the house, then just dump it into the blue bin loose.
  • http://egov.cityofchicago.org:80/city/webportal/portalContentItemAction.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1223256226.1226294292@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadefjffmfflcefecelldffhdfhm.0&contentOID=536942438&contenTypeName=COC_EDITORIAL&topChannelName=SubAgency&entityName=Recycling+Chicago&deptMainCategoryOID=-536897320&blockName=Streets+and+Sanitation/Recycling+Chicago/Content&context=dept

This ridiculously long url brought to you by the city of Chicago.
  • wah. I don't have blue bins yet. Wish we did!
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again until I'm blue in the face. Have an especially smurfy redycling day!!
  • Hmmm...no blue bins here but our association hired Groot to pick up our recycling weekly for our 8 unit building. Costs us $45/mo total or something for 2 city of Chicago sized bins. Best part? We don't have to separate anything! I highly recommend them.