If any of you know of any job hunters out there looking for copywriting work, could you pass this on (it's on the dull side compared to ad agency work... but it's still work, right?)? The job is for either Chicago or Ft. Lauderdale, but I really, really want to find someone in Chicago.
The job description is below, or you can find it online (http://tinyurl.com/kaplancareers). The posted version only says Florida, but it's definitely for Chicago too (there's a Chicago listing on Monster.com). If you forward any resumes to me (email@example.com), I can pass them directly on to the VP of Marketing (otherwise they might get lost in the HR abyss).
Oh, the poor soul will have to work very closely with moi, whether he/she is in Chi-town or Florida... you have been warned ;)
KAPLAN HIGHER EDUCATION
Job Title: Copywriter
Job Category: Editorial/Writing
Job Location: Chicago, IL or Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Status: Full-time employee
Job Number: 8159BR
Apply Online: www.kaplan.com/careers
Kaplan Higher Education Campuses (www.portal.kaplan.edu) and Kaplan University (www.online.kaplanuniversity.edu) are part of Kaplan Higher Education Corporation (KHE), a division of Kaplan, Inc. (www.kaplan.com). Kaplan, Inc., is a subsidiary of the Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO). Kaplan Higher Education Campuses offers diploma, certificate, and associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs on more than 70 college campuses nationwide, with graduate and undergraduate programs available online through Kaplan University (KU).
A leading for-profit provider of postsecondary education, Kaplan Higher Education believes that success is built around people. Our commitment to encourage and support the success of each employee makes Kaplan Higher Education an exciting and vibrant place to build a career. We recognize the power and strength that results from successful diversity. Kaplan Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Purpose of the Job/Principal Responsibilities:
The Kaplan Higher Education Campuses (KHEC) Marketing Department requires a copywriter to create copy for a wide range of online and print materials. The position builds, supports, and promotes the KHEC brand while delivering a consistent tone and voice across a variety of communications platforms.
The copywriter is responsible for writing clear and persuasive copy for over 70 campuses nationwide. This position requires that the copywriter can conceptualize, brainstorm, and create fully-functional campaigns with a creative team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. The copywriter must have strong time management, communication, and organizational skills and be comfortable handling projects from routine to challenging.
* Writing copy across a variety of mediums such as Web content, billboards, mailers, sales brochures, and in-house materials
* Researching statistics and trends within postsecondary education
* Working with a design and editorial team to create campaigns
* Communicating effectively and working with other departments to produce quality work
* Following a production/traffic process
* Editing/creating PowerPoint presentations
* Providing ongoing support to the marketing department for a variety of projects
Likely activities breakdown (must equal 100%):
* 75% writing and rewriting content for a variety of projects
* 10% brainstorming and collaborating with different marketing teams
* 10% researching facts, statistics, and trends
* 5% supporting the marketing department
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a copywriter or in an advertising/marketing agency environment
Position Requirements/Scope of the Job/Skills Required:
* Proficient in written and oral communication
* Possess excellent attention to detail
* Proven understanding of brand and creative messaging
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Knowledgeable in the Microsoft Office suite of products
* Proven ability to meet deadlines
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Ability to follow processes, work effectively on a team, and maintain a positive attitude
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits (beginning on first day):
* Medical (including a vision discount plan) and dental coverage
* 401(k) savings plan participation
* Health and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
* Life and accidental death insurance
* Legal and financial services