Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

werewolf

edited February 2009 in Events & Planning
OK so I remember getting invites from Bahareh or someone a few times times to play werewolf.

I just played last weekend at ORDcamp and it was awesome. I think we should all get together and play sometime.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Will I have to bite/mutilate anybody, if so I'm in so long as I don't have to eat flesh. I'm struggling with vegetarianism at the moment.
  • justinjustin
    howls
    edited February 2009
    /me howls
  • I'm all for it. Aaron, do you want to start a poll for dates and we'll vote and settle? Like good villagers?
  • b, it's willagers (i couldn't resist!)
  • Awexome. How about Thursday evening the 19th? or Friday evening the 20th?
  • I can't do the 20th, but the 19th is ok!
  • ok, maybe I can't do the 19th. How about the week after that?
  • How much do werewolves weigh? They seem to grow larger than their human forms. Anybody know?
  • edited April 2009
    Depends on the werewolf I'd say.

Michael J fox basically just gained the weight of all that the extra hair. Whereas the American werewolf in London guy seemed like he was roughly the size of a VW beetle when he was all wolfed-out.
  • ha. quite!

Springtime is the time for Werewolf.
  • edited April 2009
    Posted By: justinDepends on the werewolf I'd say.

Michael J fox basically just gained the weight of all that the extra hair. Whereas the American werewolf in London guy seemed like he was roughly the size of a VW beetle when he was all wolfed-out.
    I would like to be the Michael J Fox type. He could dunk and he got all the chicks.
  • I just watched The biggest Werewolf Loser on tv, what a show!!
  • ok, let's organize this! I know there are some people on the corks who aren't big werewolf fans, but we should be able to gather enough wolfies for a good game.
  • edited May 2009
    Posted By: AaronOK so I remember getting invites from Bahareh or someone a few times times to play werewolf.
    ??? How exactly does one "play werewolf"? Is this a game? like, a pen and paper D&D type game?
  • I hear there are willagers involved.
  • heh!
    It is a game, and-short but funny story, I used to try to talk people into playing it, but no one wanted to due to my bad reputation with nerdy games. Luckily Seb then played it at a ruby conference and told everyone it was good fun, so we finally got some games going. It's a strategy game, no pen and paper. You play with a good sized group (I'd say about 10 or 11 at least, right?), and pass out cards face down. Two people are the werewolves (unbeknownst to anyone except them), everyone else is a villager except for the narrator. There is also one person who is the 'psychic'. Everyone closes their eyes, and the narrator tells the werewolves to open theirs and silently point to someone they want to kill off. Once that happens, everyone opens their eyes, we find out who is killed off, and the questioning and deliberations then begin, everyone trying to figure out who the werewolves are, voting and lynching someone. Werewolves win if they kill off enough villagers, villagers win if they correctly guess and lynch werewolves.
  • Lynching yippee, sounds like fun this game. If I ever tear myself free from my own little werewolves, I might take part.

Interesting info on lynching origin. I bet it was the Galway guy, those Galway peeple are mad!

Etymology
    There are several possible sources for the phrase "Lynching". They all refer to persons with the name "Lynch":

Charles Lynch (1736–1796), a Virginia planter and American Revolutionary who headed an irregular court in Virginia to punish Loyalist supporters of the British.
    William Lynch (1742–1820) from Virginia claimed that the phrase was first used for a 1780 compact signed by him and his neighbors in Pittsylvania County.
    James Lynch Fitzstephen from Galway, Ireland, who was the mayor of the settlement when he hung his own son from the balcony of his house after convicting him of the murder of a Spanish visitor in 1493 [7] [8].
  • I think I want to play this. I saw it on boardgamegeek.com and it looks interesting. I think I was having trouble getting it in my head. I also want to play Small World. Any takers?
  • Simon, I peruse boardgamegeek.com, too. I'm in, for any and all games.
  • hey ya'll!
    Who wants to play? We could organize something around thursday drinks maybe? A week from thursday?