Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Wanted

edited January 2010 in Random
If you're looking for a job or know somebody that is, and are somewhat technically proficient, my company is hiring for technical account managers.. Here is the link to apply as well as the job summary:
http://jobview.monster.com/Technical-Account-Manager-Job-Chicago-IL-US-85316901.aspx

About the Job
Technical Account Manager

ShopLocal, a leader in multi-channel shopping services, is looking for an outstanding technical account manager to manage client implementations of our diverse product lines in areas like online circulars, display advertising, search, social media and mobile.​ The ideal candidate will have great project management skills, excellent technical credentials, and most importantly, a friendly, consultative approach to addressing client needs.​

Responsibilities

* Providing an excellent client experience for all accounts, by anticipating and resolving client issues in a manner that exceeds expectations

* Seamless project management through all phases of the customer relationship - coordinating with the client, project manager, technical resources, operations and support personnel

* Manage all post-sale implementation and customer support activities

* Communicate regularly with client regarding project execution, service satisfaction and proactively identify upcoming needs

* Coordinating with technical and operations personnel to meet client needs, while managing client expectations to manage risk or missed deadlines

* Document user stories and acceptance criteria, product documentation, client site or content issues and capturing ideas that will improve our products and services

* Establish thorough understanding of all aspects of services offered including technical capabilities

* Travel: 10%​

Requirements

* Translator between business, technical, and sales people

* Energized by making clients happy and successful

* Ability to understand the customer better than they do, to anticipate future needs and help determine the ideal solution for issues

* A passion for collaboration and a deep understanding of the technology and sociology involved in building software

* Superior team organizer and lead, with the ability to coordinate with technical staff without micromanaging

* Excellent organizational, analytical and negotiation skills

* Phenomenal communication skills are a must for this job

* Brilliant problem solving, communication, and relentless persistence

* Able to perform well in the face of tight deadlines and tough technical and organizational challenges

* Steadfast and calm in explosive situations

* 5+​ years experience in professional services or technical project management

* Requirements gathering experience

* Understanding of software development processes, experience in Agile environment a plus

* Experience with web technologies, site traffic analysis

Comments

• edited January 2010
    This is of no help I know, but I really like the phrase 'steadfast and calm in explosive situations'. Makes me think of Shackleton or John Paul Jones. Just the sort of people you're looking for!
  • If we could get John Paul Jones that would be amazing.. You're British, you know him right?
  • Not the Zep dude, the Yank captain who didn't pay his tea tax like he should then said 'Surrender? I haven't begun to fight yet, you Limey bastards' before just beating the brave English captain by a whisker.