Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

capture the flag!

edited June 2005 in Events & Planning

Comments

• edited December 1969
    First time ever posting a topic on a forum. For that matter, first forum ever!
    Is anyone interested in playing capture the flag one of these weekend days? We played once last summer and although we initially had one paltry turnout, people eventually showed up and it was a blast!
    There's two teams, each with a flag, and you have to try and steal the other team's flag and get back to your territory without getting caught (and thereby going to jail). So your team has to protect your own flag and try and steal the other flag! It's scramble around bubblicious fun!!
    Game best played with water balloons and your ex-roommate's old clothes. Just ask T (Das Girl).
  • edited December 1969
    capture the flag was actually pretty fun, and a random member of wilco joined in too and kicked butt. one team can be an american flag and the other a foriegn one, stick all the furriners on the foriegn team!
  • edited December 1969
    This is a game that needs to be played at night... preferably in a large wooded area.

Perfect for camping if it's a big enough group.
  • edited December 1969
    yeah, night capture the flag, very fun/ny...we played at the park on Chicago & Noble before.

could be played anywhere though.
  • edited December 1969
    When I was a kid I ran full speed into a clothesline when we were playing at night.

Literally 'clotheslined' haha... I had a big purple welt on my neck for weeks.
  • edited December 1969
    ooooh, night woodsy capture the flag sounds good! We should pick a wooded area without any clotheslines, though.
    Maybe we could have a bonfire one night up in the woods by the botanical gardens...
    or on a beach...
    what do you guys think?
  • edited December 1969
    we could gank tom's beach and play, or a bonfire, where did dorothea and zach have that bonfire?
  • edited December 1969
    tari lynn! tom's beach is an excellent idea for beach flagging! the bonfire is up by the botanical gardens in highland park, nestled in the woods.
  • edited December 1969
    I've always been intrigued by 'Capture the Flag' - but I've never played before. I'm in - but I should warn you all that any game + Keri + physical activity involving hand/eye coordination could get tricky...
  • edited December 1969
    So long as I can be drunk and violent - count me in!
  • edited December 1969
    Yay!
    Oodles of fun to be had, not in the least necessitating hand/eye coordination!
  • edited December 1969
    i love playing, and i dont always care if i win, either.

who provides teh flags?
  • edited December 1969
    Shall we combine this with Bocce League? Or should we move the bocce to a different time/location?
  • edited December 1969
    Bocce league?! ...what the hell... were you trying to keep this secret from me?
  • edited December 1969
    can i nominate mark to organize a day of bocce, capture the flag, and any other flaggy bally louisville-related activites? mwahaha... ok, we don't have to play in luhville.